Primary combat weapons, frenzied attack die and selecting charge benefits.

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Crazyguy501

Primary combat weapons, frenzied attack die and selecting charge benefits.

Postby Crazyguy501 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:00 am

Hey Rob! One I’ve been trying to figure out recently is in relation to declaring primary weapons benefits when big monsters can have multiple primary weapons on their profile.

1. When a monster becomes frenzied or receives extra attack die on its primary combat weapon due to an invocation etc, if it has two or more primary combat weapons which one is selected to have the additional attacks? Or is it choice of the player. The reason I’m asking is due to different primary attacks having different abilities, like some may have terrible or vicious whereas another may have mighty strike.

2. When a unit charges successfully it’s currently allowed to get fated hits on its primary combat weapon, again how does this work with multiple primary combat weapons?
The scenario here in particular for me is a Mammox charging successfully has impact strike on its primary weapons tusks which means it’ll get easy strikes (and already get fated hits) so could you declare the second primary weapon (the trunk weapon) as your fated charge weapon? Definitely would seem cheesy though. But on the other hand though I suppose if you were to declare it as tusks and were expecting to have your movement impaired (thus loosing the impact strike abilities).

Just thinking it may be worth adding something about declaring weapons phase which primary weapon gets the benefits of fated strikes on a charge is all.

Many thanks

Jim
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Primary combat weapons, frenzied attack die and selecting charge benefits.

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 16, 2023 12:04 pm

Crazyguy501 wrote:Hey Rob! One I’ve been trying to figure out recently is in relation to declaring primary weapons benefits when big monsters can have multiple primary weapons on their profile.

1. When a monster becomes frenzied or receives extra attack die on its primary combat weapon due to an invocation etc, if it has two or more primary combat weapons which one is selected to have the additional attacks? Or is it choice of the player. The reason I’m asking is due to different primary attacks having different abilities, like some may have terrible or vicious whereas another may have mighty strike.

Bloody good question; I don't think I've covered that, so I will pop an addenda in shortly.

The answer is "split equally" where possible; remainders are player's choice.

Crazyguy501 wrote:2. When a unit charges successfully it’s currently allowed to get fated hits on its primary combat weapon, again how does this work with multiple primary combat weapons?
The scenario here in particular for me is a Mammox charging successfully has impact strike on its primary weapons tusks which means it’ll get easy strikes (and already get fated hits) so could you declare the second primary weapon (the trunk weapon) as your fated charge weapon? Definitely would seem cheesy though. But on the other hand though I suppose if you were to declare it as tusks and were expecting to have your movement impaired (thus loosing the impact strike abilities).

Just thinking it may be worth adding something about declaring weapons phase which primary weapon gets the benefits of fated strikes on a charge is all.
Many thanks

Jim

All primary combat weapons get fated hits. There's no distinction between weapons.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”