A moment of confusion!

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Robola

A moment of confusion!

Postby Robola » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:56 pm

Hey Rob,
Just a few questions to help clear up a few things.
1) Impact strike and mighty impact strike weapons. Do these attacks happen as well as bulk charging impact strikes? I use a Meat hulk and enjoy hitting infantry, I get a 11 dice bulk charge and would I get the Skull butt attack? Does this also mean that they are easy strikes and fated?
This brings me to the next question, On the charge I put the fated strike rule for charging on the meat hammer. Is this correct?

Last one, Kill drune on mantichora. Does the mantichora lose the added frenzy dice due to the Kill drune being in charge?
How come the mantichora does not have the soarer ability? Still can do swoop attacks. But because it is ridden it can still do ground charge actions? frenzy flight monsters have to use the flight move and can only indirect engage. Is this correct.

Sorry for the questions, the GT is round the corner and I want to make sure I'm in a good place.

Cheers
Rob G
Weston
Jonathon Chester

Re: A moment of confusion!

Postby Jonathon Chester » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:25 am

Robola wrote:Hey Rob,
1) Impact strike and mighty impact strike weapons. Do these attacks happen as well as bulk charging impact strikes? I use a Meat hulk and enjoy hitting infantry, I get a 11 dice bulk charge and would I get the Skull butt attack? Does this also mean that they are easy strikes and fated?
This brings me to the next question, On the charge I put the fated strike rule for charging on the meat hammer. Is this correct?

If you charge you’d get the bulk charge if applicable, and the weapons with impact go first and impact mighty strike means you get the mighty strike rule as well on that round.

In terms of the manticora not all flyers have the soarer ability and cannot swoop as a result. It would lose the frenzied dice unless the rider is also frenzied, in addition, frenzied flyers as with all frenzied units must move (charge if possible) as fast as possible to the closest unit. This means using the flight move. Also flyers can never double ground move unless weather stops flying as they willl use their wings over running like a pleb
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:52 am

Robola wrote:Hey Rob,

Yes, if your unit has the ‘bulk charger’ ability and also has impact mighty strike weapons he does both, in any order. They are both easy strikes - so can be fated if you roll a 9.

Bear in mind you have to Charge (not Run / Walk into combat) to get impact strikes.

Robola wrote:This brings me to the next question, On the charge I put the fated strike rule for charging on the meat hammer. Is this correct?

His primary combat weapon, whichever one that is.

Robola wrote:Last one, Kill drune on mantichora. Does the mantichora lose the added frenzy dice due to the Kill drune being in charge?

Of course, the red attack die is for when he's frenzied.

Robola wrote:How come the mantichora does not have the soarer ability?

Because he's got weedy wings! It's a joining, really, and not a natural flyer.

Robola wrote:Still can do swoop attacks. But because it is ridden it can still do ground charge actions?

Oc course.

Robola wrote: frenzy flight monsters have to use the flight move and can only indirect engage. Is this correct.

I'm not sure what you mean - frenzied flight monsters must always Charge to engage where possible, which is a direct Engagement. Are you think of Diving here? Because that can only be an indirect Engagement. As the mantichora can't Soar, he can't Dive either, so the question is moot really.

Robola wrote:
Sorry for the questions, the GT is round the corner and I want to make sure I'm in a good place.

Don't be daft, I welcome all questions!

Cheers
Rob
Robola

Postby Robola » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:05 am

Thanks all.
I think that's cleared everything up.
I'm ready for the GT now and if my host is legal I'm super good.

Cheers
Rob G

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”