Homebrew scenario modification

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
jereme

Homebrew scenario modification

Postby jereme » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:27 pm

I've modified the Battle of Haethfeld to use objectives. I've found that this simple modification really changes gameplay, as generals need to balance defending and attacking. I appreciate any feedback you have to offer. Numbering is based on the Desolate Fields version of the scenario. If you aren't using that version, the Objective Markers step is added after the Weather step.
2.6.2.6 Objective Markers
After all Kindred and Mustered Terrain has been placed, players (starting with the Attacker) alternate placing objective markers (30mm bases or equivalent) on the battlefield. Objective markers may be placed anywhere on the battlefield more than 9” away from all other objective markers and battlefield edges. Objective markers may not be placed in or on impassable terrain or an obstacle.

Objective markers are immovable, impassable, obstacles that cannot be damaged, destroyed, or otherwise affected.

and

2.6.5.2 Butcher’s Bill
The Butcher’s Bill must be calculated normally as per the 4.3.3: The Butcher’s Bill section.

In addition, each unbroken noble or vassal warrior within 6” of an objective reduces his general’s butcher’s bill by their cost in silver.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”