Artefact queries

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
HughB

Artefact queries

Postby HughB » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:11 pm

Sronuuq, thulean talisman artefact:
Charmed: In the battle rolls step of the Joining Battle Sequence, the wearer of Srónuuq must nominate one warrior on the battlefield (friend or enemy) to be The Horned One.
Enemy warriors must be able to be seen by the wearer to become The Horned One. Any damage the wearer suffers is immediately suffered by The Horned One, until The Horned One
is dead, at which point any remaining damage is suffered by the wearer. While The Horned One is alive, the wearer can only be killed by actions that do not cause damage (such as by
failing an ESCAPE TEST, etc.)
Rules: Add; Jealous Artefact

Questions: Do you have to announce who the horned one is as soon as you deploy the model wearing the sronuuq or can you wait until deployment is finished? Significance being does the horned one essentially need to be a model from a command with a lower authority level or can you wait until all commands are deployed?

Am I right in thinking that a scout who is lurking can't therefore use this item (because they aren't yet on the board)?

If I were to give this artefact to a wizard, which portions of the fumble damage chart would they be able to pass on to the horned one? I'm thinking they could pass on anything apart from the boom splat roll (pop their own head) cos that's not damage so much as life catching up with them. What's your read on that?
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Artefact queries

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:51 am

HughB wrote:Sronuuq, thulean talisman artefact:
Charmed: In the battle rolls step of the Joining Battle Sequence, the wearer of Srónuuq must nominate one warrior on the battlefield (friend or enemy) to be The Horned One.
Enemy warriors must be able to be seen by the wearer to become The Horned One. Any damage the wearer suffers is immediately suffered by The Horned One, until The Horned One
is dead, at which point any remaining damage is suffered by the wearer. While The Horned One is alive, the wearer can only be killed by actions that do not cause damage (such as by
failing an ESCAPE TEST, etc.)
Rules: Add; Jealous Artefact

Questions: Do you have to announce who the horned one is as soon as you deploy the model wearing the sronuuq or can you wait until deployment is finished? Significance being does the horned one essentially need to be a model from a command with a lower authority level or can you wait until all commands are deployed?

It's done in the battle rolls step, so after everybody is positioned.

HughB wrote:Am I right in thinking that a scout who is lurking can't therefore use this item (because they aren't yet on the board)?

Correct - he has to see the warrior in question.

HughB wrote:If I were to give this artefact to a wizard, which portions of the fumble damage chart would they be able to pass on to the horned one? I'm thinking they could pass on anything apart from the boom splat roll (pop their own head) cos that's not damage so much as life catching up with them. What's your read on that?

Correct, there's no damage inflicted there, he's just dead as a dodo.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”