Names and pronunciation

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
asoshnev

Names and pronunciation

Postby asoshnev » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I am sure this has been brought up somewhere, but it'd be incredibly nice if someone who knows how to pronounce welsh names could compile a list of names from Darklands for us non-Cymraeg speakers. For example, Iain Banks has a book "Raw spirit", where at the end he lists a bunch of whisky names and explains how to pronounce them. Now I don't have to order Macallan every time (because it's the only one I knew how to pronounce correctly). So something like this would be much appreciated.

On the names note, Agathae - does this sound weird to anyone except me? I mean, it seems like first declension, and "-ae" is either plural or singular Genitive / Dative?.. Should be Agatha, no?..
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Names and pronunciation

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Don't worry, that will be introduced when the musters are generated properly. Just don't have time at the moment, I'll get to it, I promise!
R19lelf

Names and pronunciation

Postby R19lelf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:32 am

Alexandras is the only pronunciation I have ever heard for Evdokimova. It may be worth noting, that her name is Russian, she is American by birth and nationality.
1fatp8uh3k5159596

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”