Rules Questions Eriann Muster v1.0

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dan Pratt

Rules Questions Eriann Muster v1.0

Postby Dan Pratt » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:08 am

I'm looking through the new Erainn muster and I have a couple of questions:

1. Does a horse for a Curadh truly cost zero gold?

2. Drui - Danu's Power: the text here mentions a D10 Earth Power Roll and boxes are shown from 1 through 10. Is this a break of the normal 0-9 convention established by the rules or should the boxes only go to 9 (like the Norse Erilaz's Runic Power)?

3. Ancient Fen Beast: Profile indicates Warchief class but Vassal privilege, and "Fen Beast Warrior I" is written next to his constitution boxes.

4. Fen Beast Champion: reads "...+1 Attack Dice (Raking Claws)" but should be "Raking Boughs" to match weapon line.

5. Bog Beast Sucking Chest: One aspect is unclear to me regarding how this is resolved. The victim can make a desperate attempt to wound the Bog Beast and escape a gory death. By "wound" does that mean: roll to strike, bog beast parries, if any wound dice remain, victim is free to go? Or do you carry the victim's attack all the way through and also roll damage against the bog beast. If it's the latter, maybe say something like "...if the bog beast takes damage from the attack..."

[^Same thing for Norse Blood-Maw]

Also for this attack, there are both singular and plural references to victims in the text. Maybe clarify that only one enemy model can be affected?

Keep up the fantastic work MM, I'm strongly advocating for you guys here in the States!
Dan Pratt

Re: Rules Questions Eriann Muster v1.0

Postby Dan Pratt » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 am

Also:

6. Curadh is listed as Warlord, but seems more like a Warchief

7. Kindred and realm on horse profile read "Angelcynn" and "Mierce" - which might be correct if they're stolen or something!
deadlydeceiver

Postby deadlydeceiver » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Heyho,

I'd recommend sending Rob a mail too. Forum's sometimes a bit slow ^^

Best DD
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:16 am

dpratt00 wrote:I'm looking through the new Erainn muster and I have a couple of questions:

No problem, here's your answers... I do need to treat this section as if it were an e-mail and look every day.

dpratt00 wrote:1. Does a horse for a Curadh truly cost zero gold?

No, that's fixed ;o)

dpratt00 wrote:2. Drui - Danu's Power: the text here mentions a D10 Earth Power Roll and boxes are shown from 1 through 10. Is this a break of the normal 0-9 convention established by the rules or should the boxes only go to 9 (like the Norse Erilaz's Runic Power)?

No, it's 0-9... fixed.

dpratt00 wrote:3. Ancient Fen Beast: Profile indicates Warchief class but Vassal privilege, and "Fen Beast Warrior I" is written next to his constitution boxes.

He's a noble, and both issues are fixed.

dpratt00 wrote:4. Fen Beast Champion: reads "...+1 Attack Dice (Raking Claws)" but should be "Raking Boughs" to match weapon line.

Fixed, thank you.

dpratt00 wrote:5. Bog Beast Sucking Chest: One aspect is unclear to me regarding how this is resolved. The victim can make a desperate attempt to wound the Bog Beast and escape a gory death. By "wound" does that mean: roll to strike, bog beast parries, if any wound dice remain, victim is free to go? Or do you carry the victim's attack all the way through and also roll damage against the bog beast. If it's the latter, maybe say something like "...if the bog beast takes damage from the attack..."

[^Same thing for Norse Blood-Maw]

In the rules, wound is defined quite specifically - a wound is 1 point of damage, so it should be already covered. Feel free to correct me here - I've not checked, but that was the original intention... and I'll sort if necessary.

dpratt00 wrote:Also for this attack, there are both singular and plural references to victims in the text. Maybe clarify that only one enemy model can be affected?

I'm not sure what you mean - there's no plural references? That I can see, anyway!

The closest thing to what you mean is "per victim devoured" but that just ensures people don't claim he gains 2D10 in total, regardless of how many victims he devours over the course of the battle.

dpratt00 wrote:Also:

6. Curadh is listed as Warlord, but seems more like a Warchief

Yea, fixed.

dpratt00 wrote:7. Kindred and realm on horse profile read "Angelcynn" and "Mierce" - which might be correct if they're stolen or something!

Yea, cheers, that's sorted.

dpratt00 wrote:Keep up the fantastic work MM, I'm strongly advocating for you guys here in the States!

Good man! I will certainly try ;o)

Thanks for the corrections my friend, feel free to do more!

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”