Norse Noob in Lincs

For players in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales to introduce themselves.
Jam800

Norse Noob in Lincs

Postby Jam800 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi All,

I've stumbled across Darklands in the last week and have taken a two-footed leap into the game by making use of the recent BOGOF on monstrous infantry.

Ordered the Hrafnmann and Great Axe Troll starters and can't wait to get into the game.

Is there anyone in and around Lincoln that regularly play and can show me the ropes...?

Cheers!

Jam800
Brightblade

Re: Norse Noob in Lincs

Postby Brightblade » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Hey Welcome to the Dark Ages..

Quite a few players in the Midlands area, and a few up near Leeds and Cambridge.

There's a gaming event in Stockport in October over a weekend where Darklands will feature heavily, check out the Gotham and Samaria Facebook page for details..

Also if you fancy jumping in head first there's the Coffa Tree tournament later this month, check out the thread on this forum under events, don't worry if your a newbie to the game it's a mixed range of player skills that take part and plenty of players on hand to help and guide you through playing the rules... Don't be put off by it being a Tourny, is after all just a game of rolling dice, and the rolling of dice can be a fickle mistress for newbie and experienced alike...

Hope to see you on the battlefield sometime soon...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jam800

Postby Jam800 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Cheers Brightblade

I may struggle to get over for Coffa Tree but will see what I can do.

If I can't make it for a full day, is it possible to come by for a look...?
Stuart1302

Postby Stuart1302 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:12 pm

Welcome. I am also a noob, based in Manchester area quite close to the Northwest gaming centre in Stockport which I guess is where the gaming event will be in October. I will try to go along maybe see you there.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Jam800 wrote:Cheers Brightblade

I may struggle to get over for Coffa Tree but will see what I can do.

If I can't make it for a full day, is it possible to come by for a look...?

It may be a bit far just to come and take a look but if your in the area I'm sure it will be Ok, Jon Chester is the organiser, again I'm sure he wouldn't mind...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:21 pm

Stuart1302 wrote:Welcome. I am also a noob, based in Manchester area quite close to the Northwest gaming centre in Stockport which I guess is where the gaming event will be in October. I will try to go along maybe see you there.

Hey Stuart, welcome to the forum..

Yes, the Gotham and Samaria gaming event is at the Element Games HQ in Stockport..

Check out the page on Facebook..

Hope to cross swords one day soon...

Stuart1302

Postby Stuart1302 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Thanks for that Brightblade. I don't really do Facebook (don't trust it) which is a problem finding out what is going on unfortunately.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:33 am

Stuart,

I have copied the blurb and details from the Facebook page below; The Event is happening over the weekend of 25th - 27th of October. People who stay over use the Premier Inn which is located next to Element Games, link below...

Hope to see you there..

Tabletop gaming at its finest,
skirmish games return with over 35 systems in play and its our birthday so there will be cake.

we are looking forward to inviting you along to our birthday event where we get to meet up once again to make new friends throw some dice and be part of a gaming community that has become incredible.

Early bird tickets will be £25 paid via friends and family to keirenbradwell1987@gmail.com.

Tickets after august 31st will be £30 paid via friends and family to keirenbradwell1987@gmail.com.

this covers you for 3 days of gaming at the event and a goodybag on arrival it also enters you into the event bingo and raffle to win some awesome prizes.

for those who are unsure about who we are and what we do,

Gotham to Samaria is a community that meets up three times a year to play in a casual skirmish games event.

What does this mean?

It means that there’s no fixed tournaments and no fixed games. It’s a giant turn up and play event spanning three days where any and all skirmish games (and players) are welcome. Our community has been bitten by the hobby bug very hard, so if you’re interested in a game, you can absolutely expect others here to play it too.

A typical Gotham to Samarian will turn up with miniatures and rules for a number of different skirmish games and just pick up games one after the other. Getting a nice variety of systems and opponents. They may demo games that they’re particularly interested in, and often be shown the ropes to other games they’ve not yet played before.

However, if you’re only interested in one or two games, you’re still more than encouraged to come along!

The event is centered around a casual gaming environment, but if both you and your opponent fancy an ultra-competitive game, there’s nothing stopping you! As long as you’re rolling dice, flipping cards and enjoying yourself, you’re doing it right!

You’re also welcome to organise games before hand on our facebook group, event page or Discord server. We encourage playing new opponents and picking up games at the events, but sometimes it’s handy having a multiplayer game organised and ready to help with the herding of sheep amidst all the gaming excitement.

Premier Inn Link;

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/greater-manchester/stockport/stockport-south.html?fbclid=IwAR1VKXwGK1L42Qk5SikK2eQt2rZd5174QB4SgOGEfqejvC8NYXA3X5IStzE

Return to “UK”