Battle Scenarios

A place to tell the world about your games of Darklands
Brightblade

Battle Scenarios

Postby Brightblade » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:39 am

A Darklands player on Facebook Mickel Green created a great Battle Scenario of Formoraic vs Atalantian, it got me thinking, this seemed like a great Idea and is possibly something that the Darklands game is missing..

I set out to create my own which I have done and posted to the Mierce/Darklands Facebook page, albeit stealing and aplogising for it Mickel's Format, it was so good seemed futile to try and make a better one myself.

Has anybody else had any ideas where it comes to Battle Scenarios? Or even if you think it would be a good idea to add them to Darklands?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Dayle12

Re: Battle Scenarios

Postby Dayle12 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:27 pm

You could do some generic scenarios, which dont require you to build forces from certain hosts

Could do some games which require collecting and/or holding objectives, e.g a certain building, people, livestock,
Or even some for destroying a piece of terrain

King of the hill style (funny in multiplayer games)

Just two of the top of my head
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:26 pm

They're coming at some point. I can't do everything at once chaps, please be patient... hoping to get some up in November / December for you all to play through.

Cheers
Rob
HughB

Postby HughB » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:03 pm

I was thinking that rather than adding this to the list of 'things we want Rob to do' we could do this as a community thing and turn it into a competition - people can submit their proposed scenarios/campaigns on here. We can play test them to see if they work and Rob gets the sign off on which ones are best. Winners get entry into the new rules set plus some store credit maybe?

Proposed categories are therefore:

1) stand alone scenarios
2)Linked scenarios/campaign systems

Anyone fancy taking part - post below
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Dayle12

Postby Dayle12 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Yeah that sounds like a good idea to me, I'd be up for it
Argonaut

Postby Argonaut » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:50 pm

I’m in:) (this is mickel:)).
HughB

Postby HughB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:19 pm

First thing I'll say in that case is thank you to Mickel (and Scott) for inspiring this and thank you to Mickel for providing a very swanky template for everyone who doesn't feel able to make their own to be able to use to create a decent scenario from.

Very decent of you mate.
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Count me in, I'll expand and refine the Anglecynn v Norse campaign I started working on..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Working on the Abglecynn vs Norse, Scenario's to follow on the next post..
Last edited by Brightblade on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:05 pm

Ok peeps, here is the complete Anglecynn vs Norse Campaign Games, 7 in all, 2 ways for the Norse to Draw, 1 way for the Norse to Win, and 3 ways for the Anglecynn to win..

Haven't played them so I don't know if they are total tosh or not, but have a read and let me know what you think, and maybe I can inspire others to take up the quill... errr.. Keyboard...lol

Argonaut

Postby Argonaut » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 pm

really like them:) may play through them with different forces once I get to playing again!
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:19 pm

Argonaut wrote:really like them:) may play through them with different forces once I get to playing again!

Thanks Mickel, I'm glad you like them..

Return to “Battle Reports”