Norse vs Khthones 2000g

A place to tell the world about your games of Darklands
staggerlee

Norse vs Khthones 2000g

Postby staggerlee » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi!
This is not a Battle report, but more some random rambling about the game or how we felt the game worked
As i promised Rob that I will give some feedback after my first Battle With the full rules, I thought I'll post it here.
Sadly I cant post any Pictures cause my photobucket account is not working properly atm.
Confident as we are seasond gamers (well, at least getting old), we opt for a 2000g Battle. Mostly so we could test out as much as possible in regards of invocations, big monsters, infantry and shooting.
The norse list was 2 units of 10 holumen With the general and a host standard (as I expected a lot valour tests facing fearsome khthones (hey I build both lists so I knew what was coming). THen a unit of 10 holuman bowmen With a invoker, Blood Maw, and 5 trolls With the troll king.
The khthones had 2 units of 3 male-snakes (sry forgot the name) With a general and one unit of 5 snake-ladies. Then a Hydra, two invokers (savrar and gorgon). Well, quess that was it, I might have forgot something.

I must say the game went much smoother than I thought it would, cause I have had my share of troubles understanding the rules, hence all my questions in the rules forum. We did some mistakes, but no major ones I think. We got the epic monster clash, Deadly invocations and snakes cutting through the humans like butter. We didn't have enough time to play it to the end, but the khthones had the upper hand. I think that i will go for bigger units for the human infantry next time. If I should pick one thing that I didn't like With the rules, it has to be the random movement rolls (slow etc, moving through Woods). But that is not a big deal, and as I said, we where very happy about how this has turned out. And also relieved, cause both me and my friend has supported this game since Mierce first ks, hoping that this could become the fantasy skirmish game we felt was lacking in our game pool. It will for sure become that. So after many years With both doubt and buyers remorse, but also joy over getting the best miniatures out there, this rollercoaster ride has become more of a boat rowing gently Down the stream (damn I'm poetic (or pathetic...)).
Well, this was just as I said, random rambling. Looking forward to getting a lot more Darklands games in the coming years, and maybe we can do as our norwegian ancestors ones did and come to the UK and plunder (participate in a tournament at least).

Keep up the good work, Rob and Mierce team.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Norse vs Khthones 2000g

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:42 pm

I love it mate - boat rolling gently down the stream ;o) Hehe!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it, Darklands is a great game and I always enjoy every game I play. Maybe next time you could post some photos, and if you've any rules queries - go for it!

We will be running a "Darklands GT" later on this year... news soon! You'd be welcome to attend!

Cheers
Rob
staggerlee

Re: Norse vs Khthones 2000g

Postby staggerlee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:41 am

Finally got my photobucket account sorted, so here is some pictures from the battle. Apologize for the blurry and very large pictures and that there is some non Mierce models in there. But I didn't have time assembling them all before the battle.

Return to “Battle Reports”