Darklands Sherwood GT 2022

A place to talk about Darklands Events!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Darklands Sherwood GT 2022

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:49 pm

Miercenaries!

The imminent release of the all-new Darklands: Second Edition Hardback Rule Book means that we can finally bring you word of the very first Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament which will be played over the weekend of the 24th, 25th and 26th of June in the heart of Sherwood Forest!

Held at the renowned Clumber Hotel in the heart of Sherwood Forest, the Darklands Sherwood GT is truly a dream come true for all Miercenaries as not only will you get to meet the team and play five competitive games of Darklands: Second Edition upon beautifully created battlefields, you'll be able to see all of our painted miniatures in the flesh, purchase more to your heart's content and even join in the fun on Saturday night with a pub quiz, Q & A session and more! What more could you want of a Darklands weekend?

I'm in! How do I enter?
Simply purchase a Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022 Ticket (costing £70) from the Mierce Miniatures webstore and you're in! Be very quick though - we think this tournament will sell out fairly quickly as we are limited to forty players in total.

This ticket covers the cost of entry (which includes an A5 rules pack to keep) as well as two meals on the Saturday and one on Sunday, and if you would like to stay over at the Clumber Hotel we have negotiated a reduced rate for entrants at £115 per twin room per night - meaning, if you and a mate attend, it's only £57.50 per night for you (there is a code to give to the hotel to secure this discount, which we'll give to you when you purchase your ticket).

We think it's a pretty good deal and we really do recommend that you stay over on both Friday and Saturday nights as there'll be an open gaming session on Friday evening as well as a chance to speak to the team about everything Darklands and Mierce Miniatures. Don't forget, you'll be within Sherwood Forest, too, so you can surround yourself in the legend and home of Robin Hood himself if you want to make a holiday of it!

Tournament Overview
The Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022 will use the rules from the Darklands: Second Edition as well as the current Muster Rules and official kindred musters for each kindred. We will also be using any official Mierce Miniatures FAQs, errata and addenda that are released up to the host muster submission deadline, and of course any relevant rules presented in the rules pack. The full tournament rules are below, but here's a summary of what you can expect:

- There'll be five games over the weekend, three on Saturday, two on Sunday, using 1,500 silver hosts that MUST be fully painted. There are NO exceptions to this rule, so get your paintbrushes out!

- Players <u>may not</u> muster units from their kindred musters that have not yet been released by Mierce Miniatures as miniatures. However, we will accept conversions of existing miniatures for nobles only. Miniatures made by other companies are not allowed to be used.

- Each player's host muster has to be submitted to the tournament organiser no later than two weeks before the tournament (so the 10th of June 2022); this allows time to check each muster for errors and so that we can print out and laminate profiles for your hosts.

- The battlefields and their terrain will be set at the beginning of the tournament; you must bring your own kindred terrain.

- Battles will be scored using our Five Thousand Points system and both painting and sportsmanship scores will be added at the end to work out the various winners.

- There'll be prizes for first, second and third place, as well as a wooden spoon for the lucky loser, best sportsman and best painted army. There'll also be various spot prizes throughout the event.

Tournament Rules
The full rules for the tournament can be found by following this link:
Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022

If you have any more questions about this event, please ask them on the Mierce Miniatures forums, within the Darklands Sherwood GT 2022 event topic!

Buy Your Ticket Now!
What are you waiting for? Secure yourself a place at the Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022 before it's too late!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Darklands Sherwood GT 2022

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:53 am

It begins! We have a number of sworn generals and some pledged generals, and even a couple of petitioned ones...

Sworn Generals
(confirmed and tickets paid for)
Dayle Archer - Byzantii - muster received, accepted
Jo Archer - Brythoniaid - muster received, accepted
Scott Atkinson - Érainn - muster received, accepted
Hugh Badham - Fomoraic - muster received, accepted
Joe Connor - Ysians - muster received, accepted
Tim Fisher - Atalantes - muster received, accepted
Christian Hacon - Érainn - muster received, accepted
Jack Ling - Byzantii - muster received, accepted
Andrew Parkinson - Ysians - muster received, accepted
Danny Pegg - Anglecynn - muster received, accepted
James Polmear - Atalantes - muster received, accepted
Charles Westerman - Brythoniaid - muster received, accepted
Chris Young - Ysians - muster received, accepted
William Young - Anglecynn - muster received, accepted

Pledged Generals
(confirmed they will attend, not yet paid but tickets reserved)
Kenton Sheppard - Albainn

Petitioned Generals
(possible entrants)
James Blair - ?
Alex Billings - ?
Ian Mann - ?
Adrian McWalter - ?
Niall McWalter - ?
John Perkins - Érainn
Nick Waterson - ?
Jamie Wright - ?

Scared Generals
(too scared to attend)
Paul Bannon
Joe Barlow
Gaizka Basaldua
Valentin Bundschuh
Jon Chester
Derek Hasse
Scott Heystraten
Luke Morton

This list will be updated as and when!

Cheers
Rob
Bishmeister

Postby Bishmeister » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:12 am

Who wants to share a twin with me?
Preferable somebody that doesn’t snore but it’s not a deal breaker.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:47 pm

Rob, I'll pay you later to attend, I'll be fielding either Erainn, Fomoraic or Kthones, the the later two depend on me having access to my modelling gear which is currently packed in a box up in the loft waitinf for us to move and to me having somewhere to paint...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:14 pm

People, Iv'e just checked the hotel website, and you can book a tripple room for 3 people for the weekend and it works out at £60 per night for each person, so only £3 pound more than thr discounted twin, so it may be more cost effective to do it that way if there are mroe than 2 of you coming.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:52 pm

Brightblade wrote:Rob, I'll pay you later to attend, I'll be fielding either Erainn, Fomoraic or Kthones, the the later two depend on me having access to my modelling gear which is currently packed in a box up in the loft waitinf for us to move and to me having somewhere to paint...

Good man, thanks!

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:00 am

Regarding this rule: Players <u>may not</u> muster units from their kindred musters that have not yet been released by Mierce Miniatures as miniatures. However, we will accept conversions of existing miniatures for nobles only. Miniatures made by other companies are not allowed to be used.

Firstly, doesn't this give an unfair advantage to the Kindreds which have more stuff released, in terms of not all being able to field equivalent options?

Secondly, I have a few questions on specific interpretation; In each case; assuming that the player isn't doing these things to confuse their opponent, and is clear of their intentions throughout:

1 - Assuming that therefore any unit which has been released can be played, is there a requirement to use those specific models; or can other miniatures from Mierce be used; if for example they look cooler, or are already painted? For example, could an Anglecynn player field a unit of Coerl infantry as the recently-released Duguth infantry, if they felt they wouldn't be able to get the duguth models bought/painted by the tournament? As an extension, could appropriate models from other factions be used in a similar fashion?
2 - Does the allowance for nobles to be converted also apply to their mounts? For example, could a Brythoniaid player field a Cawaldor miniature converted to be riding the Angrislaug model as Cawaldor and Lludial; given that both are Draiggoch models released by Mierce? Further, can Noble's mounts which have not yet been released be used with a suitable conversion - for example if a player had converted wings onto a Ceffyldraig to use as a Draiglas for a Teyrn/Uchelwr to ride, would this be acceptable?
3 - is the requirement for the specific unit to have been released, or for appropriate models for the unit to have been released - for example, could a Brythoniaid player field three of the Geraint Nerthol on Ceffyldraig model as a unit of Marchomawr Ceffyldraig; since the models are released without needing conversion to be appropriate? - or, in a less exotic stretch, can multiples of cavalry commanders be used as cavalry units?
4 - (and this one, i'm already assuming is a no, but I have to ask!) does "available for preorder" count as released for this purpose?
5 - How strict is the prohibition on using items from other companies? for example, would a Mierce model converted to wield a weapon from another company as a mustered upgrade be allowed (because, for example, I wanted to field a spear, and didn't have a Mierce one to hand when building)? and if so, is this limited to only nobles?

I hope this doesn't come off as too pedantic, I just want to know specifically what I can use before deciding whether to come!

Thanks in advance
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:01 am

cwesterman13 wrote:Regarding this rule: Players <u>may not</u> muster units from their kindred musters that have not yet been released by Mierce Miniatures as miniatures. However, we will accept conversions of existing miniatures for nobles only. Miniatures made by other companies are not allowed to be used.

Firstly, doesn't this give an unfair advantage to the Kindreds which have more stuff released, in terms of not all being able to field equivalent options?

I would not say so; simply put, most kindreds can take most kinds of warriors, they all have access to the same type of thing. The kindreds that have more warriors just have more choice. Certainly, I've never found that Fomoraic, for example (which have the most amount of miniatures in the whole Darklands range) dominate. Quite the reverse, in fact!

cwesterman13 wrote:Secondly, I have a few questions on specific interpretation; In each case; assuming that the player isn't doing these things to confuse their opponent, and is clear of their intentions throughout:

1 - Assuming that therefore any unit which has been released can be played, is there a requirement to use those specific models; or can other miniatures from Mierce be used; if for example they look cooler, or are already painted? For example, could an Anglecynn player field a unit of Coerl infantry as the recently-released Duguth infantry, if they felt they wouldn't be able to get the duguth models bought/painted by the tournament? As an extension, could appropriate models from other factions be used in a similar fashion?

Sure, you can proxy, but all I would say is that a) the miniatures must have the correct weapons (WYSIWYG) and b) you must make them look like what they are. Don't use spear-vras for ceorl, for example.

cwesterman13 wrote:2 - Does the allowance for nobles to be converted also apply to their mounts? For example, could a Brythoniaid player field a Cawaldor miniature converted to be riding the Angrislaug model as Cawaldor and Lludial; given that both are Draiggoch models released by Mierce?

Yes, that's the rule as intended, basically.

cwesterman13 wrote:Further, can Noble's mounts which have not yet been released be used with a suitable conversion - for example if a player had converted wings onto a Ceffyldraig to use as a Draiglas for a Teyrn/Uchelwr to ride, would this be acceptable?

No, definitely not. We are talking about nobles here - they can be converted onto a monster, but the monster cannot be a conversion.

The reason behind this is fairly simple - and you may think it a weak rule, but it is a rule nonetheless - if someone comes up to a game and sees a monster they've never seen before and may want to have, they will be disappointed when they find out they can't buy it anywhere. Whilst I love converting myself and love conversions as a general rule, I have to protect people who can't convert, if you know what I mean.

cwesterman13 wrote:3 - is the requirement for the specific unit to have been released, or for appropriate models for the unit to have been released - for example, could a Brythoniaid player field three of the Geraint Nerthol on Ceffyldraig model as a unit of Marchomawr Ceffyldraig; since the models are released without needing conversion to be appropriate? - or, in a less exotic stretch, can multiples of cavalry commanders be used as cavalry units?

I have no problem with that at all.

cwesterman13 wrote:4 - (and this one, i'm already assuming is a no, but I have to ask!) does "available for preorder" count as released for this purpose?

If it comes to you in time, yes - if not, no.

cwesterman13 wrote:5 - How strict is the prohibition on using items from other companies? for example, would a Mierce model converted to wield a weapon from another company as a mustered upgrade be allowed (because, for example, I wanted to field a spear, and didn't have a Mierce one to hand when building)? and if so, is this limited to only nobles?

Non-negotiable. If you use any component from any company other than Mierce, you can't use that model. Sorry. This is our official tournament - and just like GW, we don't want miniatures from other companies to detract from our miniatures, because let's face it, other companies' miniatures are just not as good :lol:

cwesterman13 wrote:I hope this doesn't come off as too pedantic, I just want to know specifically what I can use before deciding whether to come!

Thanks in advance

Not at all, I welcome all questions and this is definitely a great post! I'll make sure these rules are clear in the rules pack.

Here's the rules pack we used for the Sheffield Slaughter, for example: https://mierce-miniatures.com/dkl_2nd/S ... 0v2.01.pdf

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:12 am

Thank you, that all seems perfectly fair - I have a further question based on that - If I wished to field a unit of Helwr (my favourites!); which are currently expected to be released the month after the tournament; could I: a) apply question 3's logic and run (for example) 10 of the helwr Carys model; b) apply question 1's logic in combination with that, and run (my current approach) a unit of Anglecynn Coerl Bowmen - far clearer than using the native Rhyfelwr as standins! (and if so, would camo-cloaks be required); or c) not be able to, per question 4? ...or d) something else entirely

Regardless, based on the above, I'll be coming if I can get the weekend off work, I think - it sounds fun

Thanks again!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:55 am

cwesterman13 wrote:Thank you, that all seems perfectly fair - I have a further question based on that - If I wished to field a unit of Helwr (my favourites!); which are currently expected to be released the month after the tournament; could I: a) apply question 3's logic and run (for example) 10 of the helwr Carys model; b) apply question 1's logic in combination with that, and run (my current approach) a unit of Anglecynn Coerl Bowmen - far clearer than using the native Rhyfelwr as standins! (and if so, would camo-cloaks be required); or c) not be able to, per question 4? ...or d) something else entirely

Regardless, based on the above, I'll be coming if I can get the weekend off work, I think - it sounds fun

Thanks again!

I don't mind you using Helwr Carys for this purpose, that's fine of course, and neither do I mind you using the ceorl bowmen for this purpose as long as they've got camo-cloaks of some kind. Carys' cloak is actually a separate component, you could use that for the ceorl...

Cheers
Rob
wildbill

Postby wildbill » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:13 pm

Quick question on the silver cost for a host, is there a tolerance level?
For example, if I've built my host, tweaked the composition ( without buying upgrades and invocations but have it coming in at 1,514 ( which is less than 1% variance) would this have to be changed down to less than 1,500 silver ( which possibly means not having a viable force, given the unit limitations, availablity of units and wide spread of points costs for individual models).

Fully understanding this is a tournament, also understand the limitation but some tournaments have a tolerance level (( within 1% to 10%) thinking of you Bolt Action)) where as other do not, over to you GW.

Still working on getting it to 1,500 silver but some musters seem easier than others to make this happen.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:32 pm

wildbill wrote:Quick question on the silver cost for a host, is there a tolerance level?
For example, if I've built my host, tweaked the composition ( without buying upgrades and invocations but have it coming in at 1,514 ( which is less than 1% variance) would this have to be changed down to less than 1,500 silver ( which possibly means not having a viable force, given the unit limitations, availablity of units and wide spread of points costs for individual models).

It would have to be changed down to 1,500, I'm sorry, there's no tolerance above 1,500 silver.

wildbill wrote:Fully understanding this is a tournament, also understand the limitation but some tournaments have a tolerance level (( within 1% to 10%) thinking of you Bolt Action)) where as other do not, over to you GW.
Still working on getting it to 1,500 silver but some musters seem easier than others to make this happen.

Which one are you working on - Anglecynn? If you want to send your host to me as a PM I can help you tweak it (don't post your list publicly, I don't want that to happen).

Cheers
Rob
wildbill

Postby wildbill » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:06 pm

That's cool Rob. I was just asking the question. I've managed to trim it under the 1,500 silver.

Do have a question on Fram, is he 9 pts or 10? He seems to have gained a point becoming Pendas mount, yet he is pendas mount.

Ps....make him 9pts and I'm 1,500 silver on the nose.....no pressure.......;)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:22 am

wildbill wrote:That's cool Rob. I was just asking the question. I've managed to trim it under the 1,500 silver.

Do have a question on Fram, is he 9 pts or 10? He seems to have gained a point becoming Pendas mount, yet he is pendas mount.

Ps....make him 9pts and I'm 1,500 silver on the nose.....no pressure.......;)

If Penda's taking him, he's worth the cost listed on his profile; if Fram is mustered on his own (moot I know, as he can't be), the cost is as shown on his profile.

Simply put, Fram is more effective when Penda's riding him and vice versa, so there's an extra silver piece there.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:41 pm

Welcome to Jack Ling and Charles Westerman, who have both bought tickets!

May I ask what kindred you both will be using, if you've made up your minds?

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:48 am

I'll be using Brythoniaid; and I believe Jack will be using Byzantii
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:50 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:I'll be using Brythoniaid; and I believe Jack will be using Byzantii

Fantastic!! Welcome!

The other Carlisle boys (James Polmear, Hugh Badham, Joe Connor) have already said to me they'll try and hit you up with some games ;o)

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:14 am

Regarding Kindred Terrain - as you don't define which specific terrain option you get of the options in a sub-category (for example, which size of hill/forest) until the pre-game sequence; are we expected to bring a piece for each option, or can we bring 1-2 pieces only in a reasonable expectation that we'll be able to use them?
Further, how exclusive are terrain types? Could a hill with some trees on it be used for a hill, for a forest, or neither? Can water features be included in forests or scrublands? Can open ground or hills have fenced fields and such?

Thanks
Charles
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:05 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:Regarding Kindred Terrain - as you don't define which specific terrain option you get of the options in a sub-category (for example, which size of hill/forest) until the pre-game sequence; are we expected to bring a piece for each option, or can we bring 1-2 pieces only in a reasonable expectation that we'll be able to use them?
Further, how exclusive are terrain types? Could a hill with some trees on it be used for a hill, for a forest, or neither? Can water features be included in forests or scrublands? Can open ground or hills have fenced fields and such?

Thanks
Charles

It'll all be in the rules pack, although the rule book does define kindred terrain properly - i.e., it tells you, your kindred terrain can be chosen from those listed in the "Forest", "Hill" sections of the Terrain Feature Table.

Simply put, bring two pieces of kindred terrain (in case you're the defender), chosen from the Kindred Terrain list for your kindred - it doesn't matter what size.

Regarding terrain types, if people don't have any we can provide some, but if you have your own just send me a photo of it and I'll tell you what it can count as, if that makes sense.

I'll be doing the rules pack for the end of April. For now though, the Sheffield Slaughter one gives you a good idea of what to expect: https://mierce-miniatures.com/dkl_2nd/S ... 0v2.01.pdf

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Thanks
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:30 am

Regarding base sizes, in instances where models are/were supplied with bases of a different size to those currently listed in the muster rules, are we able to continue using the supplied bases?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:07 am

cwesterman13 wrote:Regarding base sizes, in instances where models are/were supplied with bases of a different size to those currently listed in the muster rules, are we able to continue using the supplied bases?

Hmm, that depends. What miniatures are you talking about?

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:19 pm

A Ceffyldraig that was supplied with an 80mm base, but now listed as an oval; and a cavalry model that came with a 50mm, but now lists a smaller oval
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:37 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:A Ceffyldraig that was supplied with an 80mm base, but now listed as an oval; and a cavalry model that came with a 50mm, but now lists a smaller oval

Got you. Well it's up to you, but we'll happily replace for free - just send a mail mate!

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:29 pm

I'd rather keep them if the old ones are allowed! Cheers!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:25 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:I'd rather keep them if the old ones are allowed! Cheers!

Sure, the only thing I would say of course is that a bigger base means less manoeuvrability and more enemies can get to you ;o)

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:39 pm

A quick update here, I would prefer it if you could all buy your tickets sooner rather than later, the deadline must be the end of May as shortly after that I have to pay the venue. Please make sure you pay soon if you're coming!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Welcome to Mr Hugh Badham, who has progressed to a Sworn General!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu May 05, 2022 2:53 pm

Working on the rules pack, should be with you all tomorrow.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri May 06, 2022 2:05 pm

The rules pack for the Sherwood GT 2022 is here, everybody:

Enjoy!

A few timings to remind you all.

Ideally I'd need all tournament tickets paid for by the end of May so I can assure you of your place.

The host musters MUST be submitted no later than June 10th.

All of the kindred musters for this event will be finalised by the end of May, and whilst there won't be too many changes (mostly typos and errors), I'm hoping to get the artefacts done for everybody's hosts that are attending - but I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I'll make that. If your kindred doesn't have an artefact list, you may still use the Sell-Swords artefact list. Either way, the musters won't change from the end of May until after the event, and I won't make any decisions on the fly at the event either - the kindred musters are set in stone, barring errors and typos.

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Rob Lane wrote:The rules pack for the Sherwood GT 2022 is here, everybody:

Enjoy!

Cheers
Rob

Sorry, I'm back with questions!

Where this pack disagrees with answers given in this thread; which takes precedence? For example, you've answered earlier that a number of options are available for playing unreleased units by using multiples of nobles, or conversions from other factions; whilst the rules pack specifically says no exceptions!

Do conversions for nobles apply exclusively for released-but-not-as-mounts mounts as per the rules pack, or for nobles as a whole?

The rules pack states miniature must be on the listed base sizes; whilst previous answers suggest that older (and bigger) bases are fine?

Does the requirement to show armor/weapon options on units apply only to options purchased as upgrades? For example, if Cadwaladr is assembled wielding a sword, is it required to convert a spear somewhere around his person too?

Thanks!

Charles
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri May 06, 2022 10:11 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:Sorry, I'm back with questions!

Where this pack disagrees with answers given in this thread; which takes precedence? For example, you've answered earlier that a number of options are available for playing unreleased units by using multiples of nobles, or conversions from other factions; whilst the rules pack specifically says no exceptions!

The problem here is that I've agreed with what you wanted even though I didn't really want to - that's my fault. Are you intending to take Marchomawr? My answer will be based on that ;o)

If yes, then fine, for this event only mind! If no, then the full restrictions apply.

cwesterman13 wrote:Do conversions for nobles apply exclusively for released-but-not-as-mounts mounts as per the rules pack, or for nobles as a whole?

It's for the former.

So you could have a converted Brythoniaid teyrn on a wocor, for example, because both are released as separate miniatures; but you couldn't have a teyrn on a draigllai, as there's no draigllai miniature.

cwesterman13 wrote:The rules pack states miniature must be on the listed base sizes; whilst previous answers suggest that older (and bigger) bases are fine?

Well, it's kind of a read-between-the-lines thing; it states that miniatures on smaller base sizes will be removed, not those on larger base sizes... basically try to make sure they're on the correct sizes, but if you are giving your opponent an advantage by keeping something on a larger base size, that's up to you... I would ask you to try to put the guy on the correct base size, mind, I'm quite happy to send you a base for free if you haven't got one.

cwesterman13 wrote:Does the requirement to show armor/weapon options on units apply only to options purchased as upgrades? For example, if Cadwaladr is assembled wielding a sword, is it required to convert a spear somewhere around his person too?

If he's wielding a spear as well as a sword, yes. It's WYSIWYG; all the various options are only available if the miniatures themselves have those options, so it is always achievable. In this specific example, pop the spear behind his saddle or something.

You must understand that all of the above restrictions are basically to protect other gamers. If they can't see at a glance what they're up against, or have to try to remember what a unit is because they look like something else, it can be very confusing.

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Sat May 07, 2022 8:31 am

Rob Lane wrote:
cwesterman13 wrote:Sorry, I'm back with questions!

The problem here is that I've agreed with what you wanted even though I didn't really want to - that's my fault. Are you intending to take Marchomawr? My answer will be based on that ;o)

If yes, then fine, for this event only mind! If no, then the full restrictions apply.

cwesterman13 wrote:Do conversions for nobles apply exclusively for released-but-not-as-mounts mounts as per the rules pack, or for nobles as a whole?

It's for the former.

So you could have a converted Brythoniaid teyrn on a wocor, for example, because both are released as separate miniatures; but you couldn't have a teyrn on a draigllai, as there's no draigllai miniature.

cwesterman13 wrote:The rules pack states miniature must be on the listed base sizes; whilst previous answers suggest that older (and bigger) bases are fine?

Well, it's kind of a read-between-the-lines thing; it states that miniatures on smaller base sizes will be removed, not those on larger base sizes... basically try to make sure they're on the correct sizes, but if you are giving your opponent an advantage by keeping something on a larger base size, that's up to you... I would ask you to try to put the guy on the correct base size, mind, I'm quite happy to send you a base for free if you haven't got one.

cwesterman13 wrote:Does the requirement to show armor/weapon options on units apply only to options purchased as upgrades? For example, if Cadwaladr is assembled wielding a sword, is it required to convert a spear somewhere around his person too?

If he's wielding a spear as well as a sword, yes. It's WYSIWYG; all the various options are only available if the miniatures themselves have those options, so it is always achievable. In this specific example, pop the spear behind his saddle or something.

You must understand that all of the above restrictions are basically to protect other gamers. If they can't see at a glance what they're up against, or have to try to remember what a unit is because they look like something else, it can be very confusing.

Cheers
Rob

1st - I don't know what i'm taking - I'm asking questions to inform my choices; so that I don't take anything I can't/shouldn't!
2nd - That's explicitly good, as I have exactly a teyrn on a wocor; however I was asking about non-mount-related conversions; for example I have a model I use as a Cadben Host's Herald; though no Cadben have been officially released (It's a modified version of the Anglecynn Hornblower, if that effects it!) - And would this answer be different If I instead used it as an Uchelwr?
3rd - I'm reluctant purely because I've spent time and effort making the bases I have nice and decorative; but If you want to rule they have to be changed I'll submit a query thing!
4th - So no equipment not shown on nobles can be used, even if they automatically have it on their profile? good to know!

I absolutely understand the reasons for the rules; and I want to stress i'm not asking these questions to try and pull a fast one; whatever the answers are is fine for me, I just want to make sure when I submit a list, it'll be all fine!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sat May 07, 2022 8:38 am

cwesterman13 wrote:1st - I don't know what i'm taking - I'm asking questions to inform my choices; so that I don't take anything I can't/shouldn't!

Righto - well, the answer is that the rules pack takes precedence.

cwesterman13 wrote:2nd - That's explicitly good, as I have exactly a teyrn on a wocor; however I was asking about non-mount-related conversions; for example I have a model I use as a Cadben Host's Herald; though no Cadben have been officially released (It's a modified version of the Anglecynn Hornblower, if that effects it!) - And would this answer be different If I instead used it as an Uchelwr?

You'll see on the cadben entry that a number of miniatures are listed - effectively, if some are listed at the bottom of a profile, you can take it, using any of those miniatures.

Note here I may have missed a few, so if you want to query any of them, go for it and I'll add the miniatures.

To summarise - yes, you can use a cadben, and I don't mind you using Ceonwulf as the host herald for that.

cwesterman13 wrote:3rd - I'm reluctant purely because I've spent time and effort making the bases I have nice and decorative; but If you want to rule they have to be changed I'll submit a query thing!

I'd prefer it if you did, but as I said, it's up to you - you're the one with a disadvantage, and I totally understand if you've made the base nice. Perhaps you could use that base for something else though?

And like I said, I can provide you with the base you need.

cwesterman13 wrote:4th - So no equipment not shown on nobles can be used, even if they automatically have it on their profile? good to know!

Well - like I said - the profiles are informed by the miniatures; there shouldn't be any miniatures that don't show what they have on their profile. If there are, I'd be amazed, because I write the profiles based on the miniatures!

cwesterman13 wrote:I absolutely understand the reasons for the rules; and I want to stress i'm not asking these questions to try and pull a fast one; whatever the answers are is fine for me, I just want to make sure when I submit a list, it'll be all fine!

No worries, it's all good. I welcome all questions, so everybody can read and understand my answers! I probably need to tighten up my rules on this a little, so I'll endeavour to do that next week.

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Sat May 07, 2022 8:57 am

Rob Lane wrote:
cwesterman13 wrote:2nd - That's explicitly good, as I have exactly a teyrn on a wocor; however I was asking about non-mount-related conversions; for example I have a model I use as a Cadben Host's Herald; though no Cadben have been officially released (It's a modified version of the Anglecynn Hornblower, if that effects it!) - And would this answer be different If I instead used it as an Uchelwr?

You'll see on the cadben entry that a number of miniatures are listed - effectively, if some are listed at the bottom of a profile, you can take it, using any of those miniatures.

Note here I may have missed a few, so if you want to query any of them, go for it and I'll add the miniatures.

To summarise - yes, you can use a cadben, and I don't mind you using Ceonwulf as the host herald for that.
Rob

How about the Gwledig? That only lists "Galahad" - Can I use a Geraint on Ceffyldraig as a Gwledig on Ceffyldraig?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun May 08, 2022 8:57 am

cwesterman13 wrote:How about the Gwledig? That only lists "Galahad" - Can I use a Geraint on Ceffyldraig as a Gwledig on Ceffyldraig?

Well that's a noble conversion, so yes. Make sure it's WYSIWYG of course.

Cheers
Rob
GrandWarmastwe

Postby GrandWarmastwe » Thu May 19, 2022 2:55 pm

Ok so time is running out and onto the subject of the hotel is there a code or something we need to hand over? And are there any pre held rooms or anything or is evry couple to themselves?
Just asking as time goes on it will get more expensive and further away from the venue
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu May 19, 2022 3:03 pm

GrandWarmastwe wrote:Ok so time is running out and onto the subject of the hotel is there a code or something we need to hand over? And are there any pre held rooms or anything or is evry couple to themselves?
Just asking as time goes on it will get more expensive and further away from the venue

Yes, there is a code, it's just my full name - give them that.

There are plenty of pre-held rooms, so don't worry!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 24, 2022 9:06 am

All right. I've just had word from the Clumber Hotel and they tell me there are 4 rooms available on the Friday night and 14 rooms available on the Saturday night, so if you want to get a hold of a room, you'd better book now.

Ring 01623 835 333 and ask to book one of those rooms. State my name to get access to the available rooms. If the receptionist doesn't know what you're talking about, ask to speak to Rachel Clayton the events manager and she'll sort it out (she finishes at 2:30pm every day though, so bear that in mind).

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 31, 2022 3:39 pm

Everyone, the latest updates to the muster rules and kindred musters are here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1393

This is the last time they will be updated before the GT (although I will fix errors and typos), so these are now the rules for creating your muster for the Sherwood GT.

Remember, you've got until June the 10th to get your muster in to me, so I can check it and approve it for play.

If you have any questions or thoughts about the muster rules / kindred musters, post them on the other thread, not here please.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 pm

*REMINDER TO ALL ENTRANTS*

You have until June the 10th to submit your muster for the tournament! That's this Friday!

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:04 am

Rob Lane wrote:*REMINDER TO ALL ENTRANTS*

You have until June the 10th to submit your muster for the tournament! That's this Friday!

Cheers
Rob

What's the preferred method - PM, email, other?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:31 am

cwesterman13 wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:*REMINDER TO ALL ENTRANTS*

Cheers
Rob

What's the preferred method - PM, email, other?

It does say in the rules pack ;o)

e-mail please - roblane@mierce-miniatures.com.

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:10 am

Whose booked rooms at the GT venue hotel?

Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:06 am

So we now have 14 players, which is a great beginning. It means you'll all be able to play someone you've never played before, or rarely, and against hosts that you're not that used to. Great stuff!

So here is the first round draw:

1 - Dayle Archer (Byzantii) v Danny Pegg (Anglecynn)
2 - Jo Archer (Brythoniaid) v Hugh Badham (Fomoraic)
3 - Scott Atkinson (Érainn) v Will Young (Anglecynn)
4 - Joe Connor (Ysians) v Charles Westerman (Brythoniaid)
5 - Tim Fisher (Atalantes) v Christian Hacon (Érainn)
6 - Jack Ling (Byzantii) v Andy Parkinson (Ysians)
7 - James Polmear (Atalantes) v Chris Young (Ysians)

Let the trash talk commence!

Cheers
Rob
Bishmeister

Postby Bishmeister » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:11 am

Can we get all the lists published on this thread for future reference please?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:02 am

Bishmeister wrote:Can we get all the lists published on this thread for future reference please?

Definitely, I was intending to do that after the event!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:50 am

As requested, here's a few photos of the people and the hosts from the Sherwood GT 2022!

https://www.facebook.com/mierceminis/po ... QWJTw9Xnal

There will be a proper report next week, but until then, these should give you a good idea of what we all got up to ;o)

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Events”