Skirmish at Coffa Tree V - what would you like?

A place to talk about Darklands Events!

Skirmish at Coffa Tree V

Poll ended at Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:40 am

One Day Event
7%
Two Day Event
26%
Keep the Food the same
7%
Pizzas
26%
1250 gold
4%
1500 gold
26%
1750 gold
4%

Total votes: 27
Jonathon Chester

Skirmish at Coffa Tree V - what would you like?

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 am

Hi all,

I know it’s only August and it will be July next year for the next event but for this one I want to grow the event more and find out what you the players would want from the fifth iteration of the event.

Please fill in the poll below with the amount of days want to attend, food you’d want and the gold values. 1500 felt like a good level but i want to know what thoughts of potential entrants are.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Brightblade

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree V - what would you like?

Postby Brightblade » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 am

John,

If it's going to be another 1 day event then I think the Gold should be reduced to 1000 so we can get more games in, with 12 players this year and only 3 games played by each player, it didn't seem right that the places were decided based on those 3 games, especially since 2 of my 3 games were against players from my own club...

If I'd have played any of the other guys, the Places may have been a completely different story... In as much as I may have been much further down the placing list...lol

Above 'whinge' aside, I thought it was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed it..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree V - what would you like?

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:35 am

Brightblade wrote:John,

If it's going to be another 1 day event then I think the Gold should be reduced to 1000 so we can get more games in, with 12 players this year and only 3 games played by each player, it didn't seem right that the places were decided based on those 3 games, especially since 2 of my 3 games were against players from my own club...

If I'd have played any of the other guys, the Places may have been a completely different story... In as much as I may have been much further down the placing list...lol

Above 'whinge' aside, I thought it was a great day and I thoroughly enjoyed it..

Well a counter point to that was you all should of won/lost harder ;) I get the frustration with the pool of players but I too faced a club mate on the randomness of the results. Swiss unfortunately can do that and when two sections of the player pool are a quarter of the field each are club mates unfortunately playing your mate has a possibility.

I will take your points on board Scott, I would like to make it two days next time, it all comes down to can I source a venue in addition to the interest being there. If the place I tried to get this time round plays ball it may be a possibility.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100

Return to “Darklands Events”