The imminent release of the all-new Darklands: Second Edition Hardback Rule Book means that we can finally bring you word of the very first Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament which will be played over the weekend of the 24th, 25th and 26th of June in the heart of Sherwood Forest!
Held at the renowned Clumber Hotel in the heart of Sherwood Forest, the Darklands Sherwood GT is truly a dream come true for all Miercenaries as not only will you get to meet the team and play five competitive games of Darklands: Second Edition upon beautifully created battlefields, you'll be able to see all of our painted miniatures in the flesh, purchase more to your heart's content and even join in the fun on Saturday night with a pub quiz, Q & A session and more! What more could you want of a Darklands weekend?
I'm in! How do I enter?
Simply purchase a Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022 Ticket (costing £70) from the Mierce Miniatures webstore and you're in! Be very quick though - we think this tournament will sell out fairly quickly as we are limited to forty players in total.
This ticket covers the cost of entry (which includes an A5 rules pack to keep) as well as two meals on the Saturday and one on Sunday, and if you would like to stay over at the Clumber Hotel we have negotiated a reduced rate for entrants at £115 per twin room per night - meaning, if you and a mate attend, it's only £57.50 per night for you (there is a code to give to the hotel to secure this discount, which we'll give to you when you purchase your ticket).
We think it's a pretty good deal and we really do recommend that you stay over on both Friday and Saturday nights as there'll be an open gaming session on Friday evening as well as a chance to speak to the team about everything Darklands and Mierce Miniatures. Don't forget, you'll be within Sherwood Forest, too, so you can surround yourself in the legend and home of Robin Hood himself if you want to make a holiday of it!
The Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022 will use the rules from the Darklands: Second Edition as well as the current Muster Rules and official kindred musters for each kindred. We will also be using any official Mierce Miniatures FAQs, errata and addenda that are released up to the host muster submission deadline, and of course any relevant rules presented in the rules pack. The full tournament rules are below, but here's a summary of what you can expect:
- - There'll be five games over the weekend, three on Saturday, two on Sunday, using 1,500 silver hosts that MUST be fully painted. There are NO exceptions to this rule, so get your paintbrushes out!
- Players <u>may not</u> muster units from their kindred musters that have not yet been released by Mierce Miniatures as miniatures. However, we will accept conversions of existing miniatures for nobles only. Miniatures made by other companies are not allowed to be used.
- Each player's host muster has to be submitted to the tournament organiser no later than two weeks before the tournament (so the 10th of June 2022); this allows time to check each muster for errors and so that we can print out and laminate profiles for your hosts.
- The battlefields and their terrain will be set at the beginning of the tournament; you must bring your own kindred terrain.
- Battles will be scored using our Five Thousand Points system and both painting and sportsmanship scores will be added at the end to work out the various winners.
- There'll be prizes for first, second and third place, as well as a wooden spoon for the lucky loser, best sportsman and best painted army. There'll also be various spot prizes throughout the event.
The full rules for the tournament can be found by following this link:
Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022
If you have any more questions about this event, please ask them on the Mierce Miniatures forums, within the Darklands Sherwood GT 2022 event topic!
Buy Your Ticket Now!
What are you waiting for? Secure yourself a place at the Darklands Sherwood Grand Tournament 2022 before it's too late!