Fiends surviving outside of Dis

Somewhere to discuss or ask questions about the lore surrounding the Lands of Darkness.
demyse

Fiends surviving outside of Dis

Postby demyse » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:29 pm

My rough remembering is that the air above ground for fiends is 'toxic' unless they consume souls, is that right? (I hope so, because if not the next few questions are pointless).

How long can a fiend survive above ground if its not killing stuff? (hours/days etc).

Can fiends survive/thrive above ground if the air suits them? (such as being near the site of a volcanic eruption/ash)

If so would there be fiend specific architecture, or do they just live in the areas 'as is'.

Lastly, what does underground fiend architecture look like?

Many thanks
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Fiends surviving outside of Dis

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:16 am

demyse wrote:My rough remembering is that the air above ground for fiends is 'toxic' unless they consume souls, is that right? (I hope so, because if not the next few questions are pointless).

That's right...

demyse wrote:How long can a fiend survive above ground if its not killing stuff? (hours/days etc).

Hours really, although it depends how "fiendy" they are. Demilegionaries are fine; Demifiends suffer less than fiends, etc. etc.

demyse wrote:Can fiends survive/thrive above ground if the air suits them? (such as being near the site of a volcanic eruption/ash)

Yes.

demyse wrote:If so would there be fiend specific architecture, or do they just live in the areas 'as is'.

There is some around the entrance to Dis, in Turkey.

demyse wrote:Lastly, what does underground fiend architecture look like?

Caverns, volcanic stuff, that kind of thing, lots of rocks, along with a bit of borrowed Roman (well, Byzantine) style architecture.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Lore”