Ice Ice Baalor

Somewhere to discuss or ask questions about the lore surrounding the Lands of Darkness.
Bishmeister

Ice Ice Baalor

Postby Bishmeister » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:24 pm

Can Fomoraic Sorcerers turn large expanses of water into ice to create ice bridges?
I'm aware that Baalor created the Great Ice Sheet but can his sorcerous minions do this to a lesser extent?

I'm looking to create some games effects for the Salute table this year with the ice sheet. Possibitiy have the ice extenting along the table each turn opening up new objectives to capture depending on the ability of the sorcerers to successfully cast an 'ice bridge' spell.

Cheers
Brightblade

Re: Ice Ice Baalor

Postby Brightblade » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:45 pm

I could see that being an extention of the current Freezing Fog invoke, once the Fog has cleared a Fresh Ice sheet is formed, not sure if that would be workable as a game mechanic but certainly as an Invoke for Salute it would be workable.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Bishmeister wrote:Can Fomoraic Sorcerers turn large expanses of water into ice to create ice bridges?
I'm aware that Baalor created the Great Ice Sheet but can his sorcerous minions do this to a lesser extent?

I'm looking to create some games effects for the Salute table this year with the ice sheet. Possibitiy have the ice extenting along the table each turn opening up new objectives to capture depending on the ability of the sorcerers to successfully cast an 'ice bridge' spell.

Cheers

Yes, they can. Haven't really exploited that in game, but perhaps some sorcerers could have a similar invocation. Go for it!

Cheers
Rob
Bishmeister

Postby Bishmeister » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 pm

Excellent, thanks for the comments. This should add a bit more narrative to the demo game. I've made the ice sheet in modular sections so will work within the game visually.

Return to “Darklands Lore”