Online Muster Tool

Show off your own musters and the tactics you use here!
jereme

Online Muster Tool

Postby jereme » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:30 pm

As promised, here's the link to the alpha version of my Darklands Muster tool: http://darklands-test.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

With it, you should be able to Review the Musters (like the PDFs, but filtered by Realm), Muster a Host, and Edit Profiles. At present, the only data that's current is Brythoniaid. Everything else is probably from 2014 when I started working on this. That's where the Edit Profiles piece comes in, and how you can help me. Please use that tool to either update the old profiles, or enter ones from the current musters. There's directions at the bottom of the page for sending data to me so I can add it.

The Muster a Host part doesn't enforce all of the rules, most notably anything related to things coming from chosen options. The Profile Editor doesn't do a neat job of handling weapons that can be used 1 or 2 handed. For now, just create 1 handed and 2 handed versions of the weapon and I'll sort it out later. Nothing is really pretty (thus alpha). I am not sure how I want to handle Beowa and similar warriors. And then there's the Sell-Sword "Kindred". Etc.

For now, let me know if things are broken in the Review Musters or Edit Profiles areas and send me data.
Brightblade

Re: Online Muster Tool

Postby Brightblade » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:44 pm

First thoughts after using it to build a Muster.
1) It looks good and is pleasing on the eye.
2) Has a few functional issues, such as building a Muster and then viewing a Muster sheet of an added unit, using the Back button clears the entire Muster build off and you have to start again.
3) You may need to review some of the Muster Rules as a message appeared when building a muster that you cannot have more than 1 Uncommon units in a command when you have a Rare or Mythic also, which is true unless your Commander is the Rare or Mythic as you do not count their acuity when Mustering for their Command.

I like it, it has lots of promise and could make mustering a basic army very quick and easy.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:35 am

Well done, Jereme. I'll try to see if I can help update the Albainn in the coming days/weeks.
jereme

Postby jereme » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:06 am

I posted two updates today which include a significant change to how you muster a host. The tool now more closely follows the narrative of the muster rules, where you muster leaders before you muster commands, etc. So far, data for Brythoniaid, Norse, Infernii, and most of Anglecynn should be loaded.

Return to “Darklands Tactics and Musters”