Keeping Your General Alive

Show off your own musters and the tactics you use here!
Dan Pratt

Keeping Your General Alive

Postby Dan Pratt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Generals and commanders in Darklands are not invincible blenders (especially true for human-sized warriors (30mm)), they are warriors with above average stats and an important role in your host.

How do you play them?

Do you join them to a unit and expose them to enemies in the front rank?

Do you keep them as individuals, perhaps boosting thier mobility and survivability with a mount, running around adjusting orders and inciting?

Do you generally plunge them into combat or keep them out of it?
Jonathon Chester

Re: Keeping Your General Alive

Postby Jonathon Chester » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:18 pm

If I have a teryn general I tend to keep him in a unit with support around him so as to maximise his shooting potential as well as counter attacking. I have run him in a list at an event before where he ran around on his own as a little run and gun model.

If I have a prifdyndraig general I would run him up the guts with his bodyguard he will either emerge victorious or die surrounded by the corpses of his enemies lol. I have always found in darklands if you are inflexible with your general your host will suffer as times you will need him in the thick of it, just behind upholding moral or at the back keeping safe. All depends on what you're facing and what you've brought.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Dan - I'll be honest, you can do all of the above and I often do.

It's entirely up to you!

Cheers
Rob
That Guy

Postby That Guy » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Rob Lane wrote:Dan - I'll be honest, you can do all of the above and I often do.

It's entirely up to you!

Cheers
Rob

THats the beauty of this game isnt it?! No blender lords as far as they eye can see. You can actually use a tactical brain to sort out most problems on the fly.

As for me, I dont have a solid enough grasp of the rules to have much more than a theory, but I suspect the answer is in the flexibility of the general to be under all orders simultaneously.
Running Kroks, under a Krokodarch general, I'm not too concerned about having him front and center as long as he's got a little back up to not get overwhelmed by surprises.
However when I take the Anglecynn to Buckeye Battles I plan on bunkering the Forthegn with some Gesith and make more use of Hold Orders, Brace, and Shieldwall than I have in the past.
As in all fisticuffs, the rules are simple:
1.Pick your targets
2.Hit them more than they hit you
3And when all else fails. Go down swingin'.

Return to “Darklands Tactics and Musters”