My Khthones "proxy host"

To show off your finished work
H3SO4

My Khthones "proxy host"

Postby H3SO4 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:26 pm

here is my alternative Khthones host ( read more on viewtopic.php?f=9&t=453 )

My Géneral : Steena

Kadamastar

Banebeast tygandr, hydra of khthon played as Hydra

Racham ophidian for Confrontation played as Gorgonar , Gorgorar

Crocodile Game , Harbinger of Sobek for Wargods AEgyptus played as Krokodarchon

Crocodile Game , Heros of Sobek played as Krokodarch

Crocodile Game Beloved of Sobek played as Krokokh

Warriors of sobek played as Krokodarch

Last edited by H3SO4 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CountCrushmore

Re: My Khthones "proxy host"

Postby CountCrushmore » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 am

Great Miniatures H3SO4!

Steena looks incredible with her colorfull scales, quite different to the Khthones Snakes I´ve seen so far but different in a great way - she looks very dangerous and natural - well done!

I always love to see Kadamastar - and the way you´ve painted him does this impressive monster justice, great paintjob! I especially like how you´ve blended his scales with his belly, a very smooth transition. The scales themselves are awesome too - and his eyes and tounge make him look very alive. If there is one negative point that I would mention it would be the small gap on his hindleg, but I think it isn´t that noticable on the real miniature, only on the picture.

Tygandr looks stunning, I have to say I wasn´t aware of him, since I admit that I don´t pay that much attention to the Bane Beasts and Bane Lords range, but I should ;D - he looks awesome and very much at home in a Khthones Host - great Paintjob!

The Ophidians look great too, I always liked most of the Confrontation Miniatures and the Ophidians were amongst those that I liked most - and you show what magic a skilled painter can work on them, very nice! And your comparison picture with Steena shows that they are going to go well with the rest of the Khthones (but you should still increase your collection ;D - I want to see more snakes painted by you!).

I am a bit unsure about your Krokodar, please don´t get me wrong, you´ve did an incredible Paintjob and your great bases tie them together with your other Khthones but somehow I think the style of them doesn´t match up quite as well as the Ophidians do. Nonetheless great Paintjob (and again - get some original Krokodar, having seen your Kadamastar I would like to see what you would do with his nice little friends.

Great Miniatures, incredible Paintjob and a very nice host - thank you very much for sharing those pictures!
You can´t spell cOuNt crUshMOre without ONUMO!
H3SO4

Postby H3SO4 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Thank you CountCrushmore , Thank you very much for all these compliments that flatters me and pleases me enormously :) :) :)

Indeed I wanted for Steena to use a reason for poisonous snake. In the beginning I wanted to use the reason for "Crotal diamantin" (Crotalus adamanteu) but it was too complex has to realize on it. Then I remembered the song “Red touch black friend to Jack, red touch yellow kill a fellow” then I took the colors of the Coral snake (micruroides euryxanthus ) One of the most toxic snakes what is well with Steena

I really took some pleasure has to paint Kadamastar because I have was impressed by the figurine and as I like these animals I tried to apply to paint him .
To make well I followed the example on him "crocodylus porosus the" biggest marine crocodile later it has needed to find the color good ones what was not easy safe for the belly which is always very clear.
As for eyes after some research I saw that these animals have eyes spangled thus to do the same thing I used after the white and the yellow ..... gold ( P.A number 996)
Yes joints are always an ordeal especially that according to the models they can be enormous then I try to do the best :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Indeed Banebeast/lord is beautiful and certain can substitute themselves in basic models (it is case to my Ysian- Vras host )

Yes the ophidian are beautiful and it is to be able to dig up them they and the crocodiles of Wargods that j began Khthones. Although Crocodile of Sobek do not have the look of Darkland I wanted to make relive these beautiful rooms or at least a small piece of this army

Thus thus for bases the idea was simple snakes are in the desert so sand-colored yellow , the crocodile in swamps than brown sand. I voluntarily wanted to make two colors to differentiate their respective housing environment

Here is I said everything or almost once again thank you for your compliments and your interest for my work that really pleases me

Note : There will be still can be of the snake and the crocodile if I go up my host has 3000 gold or according to Kickstarter which will come ;) ;) ;)
Beire

Postby Beire » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi H3SO4,

you have a nice collection of great figures. Great job on the painting schemes! Sthena is my favorite, her fleshtones and the snake colours on her look stunning.

I too own a lot of the Crocodile games Sobek miniatures and I absolutely love them. I mainly use them as Minions for Warmahordes. I find them a bit too small and fragile (and frankly a bit too cartony) to represent real Krokodars. The beloved of Sobek is just big enough to represent a krokodar. And Angrakk really towers over him. Darklands has this unique dark and grim atmosphere. The Sobek miniatures are more 'cartoony' in style to me.

Nonetheless, great painting and keep it up!
H3SO4

Postby H3SO4 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi Beire ,
Thank you for the compliments that affects me and pleases me
as for Wargods miniatures I am 100 % all right with you I even I have for a long time to hesitate has to be of use to me as it but poor "man" slept in a box at the bottom of a barn for 2 years then I wanted to use it has new and it also allows me to concentrate my purchases on beautiful big minis such as THE TERROR OF FORTRIU, CHIMAERA Whose paint I am going to begin tomorrow ;) ;) ;)
note : I really like Angrakk because I find that he has the look of a night club guard :lol: :D :lol:

Return to “Finished Models Gallery”